Is getting a dog on your mind? The care your dog receives in the first few weeks is crucial.
The puppy’s first week of life is crucial to how the dog will later react to the world around him. The very first weeks the puppy spends mainly sleeping and drinking his mother’s milk. In this case, the main focus of the breeders is on ensuring the mother’s well-being, so that the mother has an stress-free environment and the strength to take care of her puppies as well as possible.
From the third week onwards, a significant stage in the puppy’s life begins. The early labeling phase of a puppy is between 3 and 7 weeks. During this time, the dog breeder has the opportunity to greatly influence how the dog will relate to the world around him. Therefore, when considering getting a dog, it is very important to get to know the principles of the breeder well and the quality of the breeding work. How are the puppies socialised? Do the puppies live in a homely space or in a separate building? How are puppies taught to deal with loud noises, children, other animals, bikes, cars and so on?
Raising dogs as part of a family and as family members
– All our breeding dogs live as family members either with us at home or with investment families. This is how dogs get a lot of attention, love and stimulating things to do. It is of paramount importance to us that dogs are allowed to live their crucial childhood in a homely environment.
– Puppies grow up in the peace of our home, but they are also offered the opportunity to socialise with children and other dogs. We choose the future owners of our puppies very carefully. We want to follow the growth of the puppies and we hope for a continuous relationship with the future owners of our dogs.
The Bio Sensor program increases the dog’s stress tolerance and helps the development of nervous system
We use the Bio Sensor program in breeding, which increases the dog’s stress tolerance and supports the development of the nervous system. The program is a method developed by the U.S. military for raising a puppy. Its purpose is to stimulate the development of puppies’ brain synapses. The number of synapses between brain cells has an effect on the entire nerve structure. The development of the puppies’ nervous system is active at the age of 3–16 days, and the Bio Sensor program targets precisely that age. The more synapses a dog has between the brain cells, the more opportunities it has to use its brain capacity. And the earlier the nervous system begins to develop, the more synapses have time to emerge during the critical developmental stage. The method also gets the puppy used to handling.
Timely rearing of the puppy using the Puppy Culture method
The Puppy Culture method supports the growth and development of the puppies in an optimal way and provides the best lunch for the puppy’s life. Puppies are offered diverse experiences and instruction in a timely manner, taking into account different sensitivity periods. This is how learning takes place when the puppy is ready for it.
“The Puppy Culture site also offers support material for new dog families, and we encourage all dog owners to check it out. The workbook and instructional videos increase understanding of dogs and their way of thinking and perceiving the world. It provides a lot of practical advice to support training.”
The puppy’s later stigmatisation phase is scheduled for weeks 7–12, when the puppy has already moved to its own family. It is also important to make the most of that time. Dog families coming from our instructions will be happy to help them succeed in their training work.
Dog breeding is based on the Puppy Culture method in the following areas:
- Early neurological stimulation
- Dealing with detoxification and suggestions for it
- Developmental and fear periods
- Providing early stimuli
- Puzzles, games and problem solving
- Safe, early socialisation
- Organising a Puppy Party for the litter
- Increasing mental endurance through exercise
- Exercises to prevent aggression
- “Bomb resistance” exercises
- Choosing homes
Visit Puppy Culture – website, to get more information about the education method, video materials about the exercises etc.